Château Eza is an enchanting hotel and restaurant tucked away in one of the most exciting sites on the Côte d‘Azur, South France. It is a castle of stone on a narrow cobblestone street, too small for modern day automobiles.
Pretty as a postcard, the hotel clings to the side of the ancient rock walls of Eze, a thousand-year-old medieval village 427 metres above the Mediterranean Sea.
Château Eza was built 400 years ago within the ancient city walls of the 9th century village of Eze.
In modern times the chateau Eza was a resident of the Prince William of Sweden. From 1923 to 1953, as an author, he did much of his writing in this location. His father Gustav V, and his brother, Gustav Adolf, were both kings of Sweden. The King of Sweden now a days Carl Gustav, is Prince William's nephew.
The modern comforts of Château Eza did not come easily or inexpensively. André Rochat, the Swiss owner from 1976 until the end of 1993, did not simply put out an "open for business" sign. Before he opened his private residence to guests in 1985, he completely modernized and renovated the premises. All the construction materials had to be brought up the steep winding streets, 1300 feet above the sea, by donkeys which are still present to greet guests. The result was truly a masterpiece for all to enjoy.
The refurbishing by "Enchanted Escapes" was being done with the intention of preserving and honoring the many centuries of history and hard work preceding us. The next page in the history of Château Eza is now being written...
Today, Château Eza belongs to The Stein Group. It is also the site of an award-winning restaurant where our chef’s culinary delights are rivalled only by the stunning panoramic views.
Most rooms and all suites feature private balconies with breathtaking views. Château Eza‘s award-winning restaurant has an indoor glass dining room and several outdoor terraces including some smaller private decks. Atop the cliffs, you can enjoy our chef’s culinary delights, which are only rivalled by the stunning panoramic views.
Our new bar invites you to enjoy cocktails and after dinner drinks overlooking the sun set.
The Medieval village of Eze is situated on the Moyenne Corniche between Nice and Monaco. Nice international airport is only 18 Km away and the exit 57 on the A8 is 5 km from the village.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM NICE AIRPORT TO CHÂTEAU EZA
BY MOTORWAY (easier and faster during the day):
- Take the Motorway A8 towards Monaco / Italy
- Leave the A8 at exit 57 / La Turbie (after Nice)
- Arriving in La Turbie, keep right towards "Eze - Le Col"
- 1 km after, take road on the left (direction Eze Village)
- This road ends at the entry of the Village - from the central square a small road (on the left) winds up the mountain and 50m up, you will find our reception, easily recognized as it includes a stable with our two donkeys. There is a red phone directly connected to our hotel in case nobody is present.
BY NORMAL ROAD (early in the morning or after 8pm in the evening)
- Follow the seaside road "Promenade des Anglais" from Nice Airport to Nice harbour (6 km)
- Arriving at the harbour, turn left by the church following the green direction signs MONACO / EZE VILLAGE by Moyenne Corniche
- This road takes you directly to the Village - from the central square a small road (on the right) winds up the mountain and 50m up, you will find our reception, easily recognized as it includes a stable with our two donkeys. There is a red phone directly connected to our hotel in case nobody is present.
|Add to selection||Compare||Recommend this hotel to a friend|